Friday 21 December 2012

Private Swaps

Many people in the blogging world set up their own private swaps with their bloggy friends. I hadn't until recently when the lovely Sadie from Stitching up a Storm asked if I would like to participate in one with her. Needless to say I jumped at the chance as Sadie is wonderful at stitching all sorts of things.

I quickly discovered that private swaps contain none of the pressure of big online swaps. Because we were keeping what we were making for each other secret. So no commenting on Flickr, or hours spent stalking. Just some happy sewing for someone you like, making something you hope they will like.

Well, I got my parcel came from Sadie this week and she did so good! Look for yourself -



 Did Sadie get me right, or what?! DS, Sew Stitchy, Oh Deer!, Pez. Hexies, diamonds, perle! OMG she is spot on here.


And that gorgeous counted cross stitch decoration. I really admire that because long ago I tried counted cross stitch. I never made it to the finish line. I was halfway through, realised that I had gone wrong somewhere and that was it. No more counted cross stitch for me. But Sadie is amazing at it.


And I just love those little lines of deer on the envelope back. Thank you so much Sadie - you did a brilliant job!

What did Sadie get in return? Well, remember that perle stitching I have been doing of late? And that hidden zip? It was all for her.


Forgive the rather deflated look to this cushion. I did not have a cushion insert big enough to plump it up properly. I am hoping that plumped up it looks much better. An anorexic cushion is not much good for anything after all.


No matter how many photos I took of this cushion the navy linen refused to ever photograph properly for me. But Sadie managed to get one that truly shows the colours. So I nicked borrowed it to show you.




I would also like to mention that Sadie sent me chocolate too, and for the girls. That didn't make the photo, but the gift was appreciated. I feel terrible as I bought chocolate for Sadie and forgot to put it in the package. Honest! I hang my head in shame.

I have another private swap lined up for the new year already. And I am planning a second - though the participant(s) don't actually know it yet. Doing this with Sadie showed me that it is a great way to exchange things in a low pressure way.

Susan

33 comments:

  1. fab swap things, on both sides :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They're both amazing - I'm not sure I could have parted with either of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely swaps! Have a fabulous Christmas! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea. I'd never thought of doing private swaps, for some reason. It's something I may have to think of doing in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both swapsies are really lovely :-) Can I play?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely swap gifts! I adore the pillow cover that you made for Sadie.
    Sadie's x-stitch has me almost drooling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pillow covers are fabulous! What a lovely swap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Private swaps are so much fun!!
    I love doing the sneaky posts.
    Both your cushions are divine in different ways!! Funny how you both bound in spotty pink! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous makes for wonderful people - all is right with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful cushion you received and cross stitch! what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, and beautiful cushion! I haven't done a private swap yet! I'll make it my goal for 2013 (one of many!) Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. She sent you the most beautiful pillow and decoration, they are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful gift exchange! Makes me want to try hexies and perle stitching. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cushions! I haven't done any swaps for ages! I've sworn off Flickr swaps for now (just because i can't keep up, not for any "bad" reason) but the idea of a private swap is much more appealing.
    R x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your swap items, both given and received, are marvelous! What a great idea, the a private swap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a brilliant swap: you both got lucky there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All looking lovely, who wouldn't want to receive either of those packages, and with chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes she completely nailed your tastes and maybe this is the future for online swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow what brilliant cushions. I've only done one private swap but it was such a fun thing to do. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an ace swap! You both lucked out big time there.

    If I were Sadie I would be asking to see photographic evidence of the chocolate you bought - likely story!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Sadie did good! I think we all want to play private swap sites now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both are lovely, you lucky ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like a fab swap both ways, love the diamonds in the one you received, and of course all the hand stitching in both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both cushions are lovely! Sadie certainly nailed your tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such happiness sewn into all those stitches...what sweet friends are in your circle! Sadies cushion looks like snow and marshmallows and glace cherries and all things wintery. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful cushions. If you ever get fed up with the pink one, you can send it my way!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent makes both! Haha re Sadie's chocolate - I almost believe you Susan!

    I really enjoyed my private swap with Helen and love my cushion! Less pressure is good and it is great to make for someone you know rather than guess! I have a few others lined up and must get on with them...pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love em both! Hope you have a fantastic Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.