Wednesday 19 December 2012

I. Am. Done!

Finished, done, complete, and not a moment too soon. No more Christmas making for me this year. And next year - barring any children being hospitalised, etc - I shall have everything done at a much earlier date. Well, that's the plan, and you can laugh at me when I work myself up into a state again.

Yesterdays sewing started with the butchering of a coat hanger. It was only a small one, and no longer needed as mini people do not reside in this house any more. I required a wooden coat hanger, but not as big as all the ones I could find. Then, in the girls' wardrobe I found a hanger that goes all the way back to when Helen was a baby. All pretty, and padded, still bearing the ribbons it came with. Not for long!

Once I had my hanger, I cut some fabric to the curve of it, and knocked together the perfect gift for the man who has everything. A peg bag. For someone in the family who always hangs the laundry. He's good like that. So I thought a suitably masculine peg bag was in order. The recipient will laugh.


Then came the final Christmas present to make. One last tote bag. I love the colours in this, and used most of my precious FQ of Field Study. Additionally, I used some Stof linen and it's lined with It's a Hoot home decor weight. I added a split pocket on the exterior of one side, as I thought this would be handy for the recipient who likes to go swimming. They could pop their bottle of shampoo in there, etc.

I almost don't believe that I actually managed to get everything I needed to make done.

I've lost track of what I have made. I know that as much as I love sewing, putting the machine away for a week or two, and having a dining room instead, is going to be nice. And relaxing. I am looking forward to the relaxing bit.

The next few days will be dedicated to housework - something had to give with all this making so we won't even discuss the state of the house. Baking needs to be happening too. That will be fun. I love Christmas baking. And the eating that follows.

Susan

29 comments:

  1. Both gifts are delightful - what a creative mind you have! Enjoy getting ready for Christmas and the celebration itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I'm nowhere near finished! Well done missus! Pass the cape this way please! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent that you are done and the baking and eating will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic, and well done on finishing- but i bet you can't resist doing some hand projects over the next week or two!! A little annual clean for your house too, just like mine has had this week, but seriously, it won't need it again for another 12 months, what's the point!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you! I am no where near. I hope you have that nice smug feeling as you read this! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! Enjoy the baking, I haven't done any xmassy baking this year and it feels wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' the man peg bag! Very original! And the tote is such a zing of pink - yum! Good for you being all sorted now. Enjoy the silence and the down time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, fabulous that you are all finished with sewing already. That housework stuff sounds like crap though. Housework fairies would be very handy right now. What's on your Xmas baking list?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am doing the happy dance for you. I wish I were done but I think my list is procreating every night. ..it just gets longer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now slip those feet up just for a moment ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! I love the eating that goes with baking too. Good thing it is only once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Trying not to be completely pissed off with you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh thank god for that. Now for goondess sake get the kids doing the housework tomorrow and SIT DOWN for a few hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha, my gran's neighbour's son needs one of those 'manly' peg bags :oD

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, you have been so busy! Love the idea of a male peg bag :-)
    Just think of all the EPP you can do now your sewing machine is put away

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad you are finished. You were putting the rest of us to shame. Well me anyway :)
    P.S. You have gone no reply again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You'll be on such a 'high' tomorrow after finishing that you'll have all the housework done in no time !
    Have a happy, peaceful Christmas. I'm already looking forward to all the new making in the New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. L.O.V.E the peg bag! He will get a laugh from it, I'm sure! It will be nice to have your dining room back to its communal use, even for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hehe at a loose end now then? I've got something new you could do on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woohoo! Got 2 drawstring bags and matching key fobs done tonight, filled, wrapped and ready for the morning! Phew, just a couple or three more makes to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whew at least someone is finished, congrats! It must feel awesome! :) Eating the home baked goods is the best part of the Christmas celebration, isn't it?:) Enjoy! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the bag and peg bag. Merry Christmas from Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete
  23. If you ever set up shop, I would buy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  24. that bag is awesome!! love it and the peg bag is v masucline and smart! it is a great feeling to be done - I have the binding to do on Emma's quilt and to finish on Jacob's and then wash em and dry and finito!!! I am however, done in!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely! The bag is fab! Enjoy some relaxation this Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well done Susan! I put the cover on my machine today - phew!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ah, time for a well-deserved nap! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.