Actually I have been away with a different flock today. Brit Bee - season two - has begun and Trudi is leading us out of the gate. She went and bought some of the beautiful Karavan fabric line and sent us all some, along with a background fabric and a choice of scraps that we could use if we desired.
I spent a long time sketching and trying to figure out my block. Our only instructions were to use Flying Geese. I had never made flying geese before, but I thought I could wrap my head round it all. I designed a 24" (finished block) and got to the cutting. And I sewed, then cut, and sewed some more. There may have been periodic seam ripping and less than ladylike words echoing round the house.
And I got three quarters of the way done before I realised that in all my planning I hadn't taken into account how much of the background fabric I would need. Now, I know Trudi and she would have more fabric in the post for me right away. That would not be a problem with her. But I had the bit between my teeth and wanted to finish this task. So I did. I compromised and rearranged the flying formation of my geese. Now I have two 12" blocks instead. Not as good as my original idea - I think - but not complete crap (she says with fingers crossed).
As always with bee blocks, I do hope the recipient likes them. That is the primary objective.
So, apparently, I can make flying geese now. That has to be good. I shall send Trudi the rest of the flock too, the geese that are wandering free range in my dining room right now.
And I will go see what box needs ticking next. I might not have my mojo back, but I do have the urgent need to get things done. That is a powerful incentive.