So here is what I have to show you today. More of my hand stitching.
This was the fourth hexie I made. I like it, a lot. But it didn't go with the others, or at least I didn't think so. So I made a fifth. and then I took the four that I felt went together best, did some maths,
I am ever so pleased with myself because I was prepared to have to rip it all out and try again, having little faith that I would get it right the first time round.
While doing this wee project I have tried other things new to me as well. One of them was at the advice of a bloggy friend. Try using a washable fabric glue stick to secure the fabric to the paper pieces and then use a warm iron to remove them when you are ready. It might work well enough, but not for me. I ended up a sticky mess and I probably used too much glue because I felt that the needle kind of got all sticky and ugh while sewing the pieces that were glued. So I won't be trying this again because I think I use a glue stick too much like an over enthusiastic five year old to have this method work effectively for me.
Over all I am very pleased with my first EPP project though. I am going to turn this into the cover for a cushion. I don't think I am up to doing a whole quilt like this yet. Mostly because I need to build up a seriously big callous on my middle finger so I stop piercing it with the eye end of the needle. Man it hurts when that happens!