All week I have drifted about sleepily thinking of the sewing that was, rather than the sewing that was to come. I need to switch my brain back on and work out what needs doing and what should I work on first.
Here's what I came up with, and I am open to suggestions if you think I should prioritise one of them, or make something completely different.
1. One for the Birds. Time to take this to the quilt top level. So I have a bunch more mini blocks to make and then I need to decide which solid to piece them into a coherent top with. I am thinking that Kona Snow is the only way to go because of all the other colours already involved. Feel free to argue if you think differently. It is obvious from the carpet in the photo that sludgy beige would not be a good choice!
2. The Heather Ross Fan Club Quilt. I believe that I now have a big enough and varied enough collection of Heather Ross fabrics. And the lovely Leanne added to it when she was here with an amazingly generous donation of FFA (I or II? Not sure because I am not good at that sort of thing.) I have been mulling ideas over in my head. I think I need to sketch them out because I am not 'experimenting' with this fabric. I am not cutting it until I am very clear in what I want to do with it. I am thinking Kona Charcoal for the sashing though. Opinions being solicited again. There are a number of darker prints so not sure if my idea of using Charcoal will work. I was thinking mosaics - but with narrow (like in Stained) sashing between the fabrics. Then wider sashing between each mosaic.
3. This next project needs doing but I am sort of putting it off. Okay, no sort of - I have been putting it off. I offered to make my niece a quilt for her birthday. She asked if she could have a cushion instead. You may think I got off easy, but she wants the One Direction logo on it. (For those without young girls in their household, One Direction is a band popular with a certain age group.)
|A serious amount of interfacing will be required.
4. I also have the English paper piecing I am experimenting with. Though I think that I will not be focusing on this so much as doing a bit here and there occasionally.
5. Nicky has just set up a framed purses swap here - though I think sign ups are full already. So I had better hope that I actually listened more and talked less in Katy's class than I think I did. Because I will need to pull out the stops and make something fancier than this.
I think I will stop list making now or I will begin to overwhelm myself. Feel free to remind me of anything I may have forgotten or if you think my ideas need tweaking. My brain still seems to be running on half capacity after the weekend. Rather looking forward to Monday and being by myself, as much as I love my family. Right now the girls, and a friend, are hammering on the brickwork outside as part of their game and I think my brain is going to explode.