Thursday 27 November 2014

The Fabric Mule Cometh

Yesterday I got to hang out with some of my Brit Bee pals. Hanging out with any of this group is always pure joy but it was made so, so much better because we were meeting up to see the inimitable Terri. She had flown in from LA for a visit. It was a day full of love and laughter.


In our group Terri is also known as the fabric mule, because she lets us order fabric and send it to her which therefore allows us to skip horrendous international postal costs.


I may have taken advantage of her kindness. Here's what is in that stack.


Clockwise from top left - A destash bundle of Sew Cherry. Assorted half yard cuts, and a yard of Essex linen. A fat eighth bundle of Miss Kate. And assorted FQ cuts.

The sad bit? I had ordered a FQ bundle of Mimosa but sent it to Terri's old address by mistake, not her current one. It is MIA. I am, needless to say, devastated. But it was my mistake so I will just have to suck it up. I'm going to go in my corner and loll about in this lot to help me feel better about being thick as s**t a times.

Susan

20 comments:

  1. How lovely for you to have a visit with Terri, and what a great selection of fabric. Too bad about the mimosa, it may show up yet. I particularly love the bottom left stack, any of them except maybe the yellow would look great at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you can get clapped in jail for being a mule...but I think that only applies to drugs. Thank goodness Terri didnt have to hide that rather large stack in a traditional smuggling spot....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might it be worth writing to the new people at that old address?? You never know, they might feel kind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices. I think we could all do with a fabric mule from time to time. I hope your missing parcel makes it to you - even if it takes some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You calling our mate a donkey? Are you, are you??
    Fighting talk ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a fabulous haul! Really gorgeous choices. Lovely pic of you all yesterday. I'm glad there was a lot of love and laughter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. shame about the mimosa, hopefully it will show up, if not maybe a quilter lives there now, sort of pay it forward. looks like you had a great day with Terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got an ass but not a mule. You're going to be busy with that little lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurrah for fabric mules, I am swooning over that Sew Cherry, I bought a FQ bundle when it first came out and am still hoarding little scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's some mule getting all that lot over! Enjoy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. At the speed you sew...these will disappear in no time!
    What does the mule go back with . . : Liberty and Oakshott?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh maybe you are as lucky as I am and the people living there just sent it back! That happened to me but it takes time until it is back ... lovely order

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful to have your personal fabric mule, it must save a fortune. Although I do wonder how she explains a very heavy suitcase full of fabric to customs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to spend a day with quilty friends and get to stroke and purr over a mound of new fabrics too! Any plans for what to make with it all yet?
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a lovely collection of eye candy, Susan! Looks like you and your friends had a fun time and I'm trying to imagine the amount of luggage your fabric mule is carting abroad to make her special deliveries. ;o) Will be hopeful about the order of Mimosa for you.... Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a lovely and a lovely pile of fabric! I hope you get your bundle of Mimosa...

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was a great day all round. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a haul! Love, love, love those cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am glad Terri was well enough to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wondering what the person did with that MIA FQ?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.