Wednesday 5 November 2014

HoHoHo?

I did it! I made the first Christmas make for 2014. I am so chuffed with myself it is ridiculous. Not that it was a huge item or anything, but I can tick one small Christmas present making list box.


This pouch is for my sister-in-law. She is spending Christmas in Hong Kong where her son is spending half this university year studying. I thought I could fill it with travel miniatures (and maybe chocolate too). She could open the gift before she leaves on her trip and hopefully like it enough that she takes it with her. The pouch is massive so she should be able to fit everything in and then some.


I used a piece of my long owned and very occasionally used flamingo fabric, because I love it so much. I paired it with hot pink Stof linen, a lime green zip and a pink lining. I used line green thread to top stitch a little, but I didn't do much as I used fusible fleece.


I love the various flamingos. Whoever designed it is genius - a flamingo snorkling? Come on, you've got to love it.

So now my mind is turning to all the other things I would like to get made over the next few weeks. Lets hope that I find the time.

Susan

14 comments:

  1. It's satisfying getting a check, innit? I have a few half-dones but need something different to finish every one. Curses! Very cute flamingoes (agreed on the snorkel!) and a very thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beauty of a bag - love those pink flamingoes!!! SIL has gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan! Great start! This is beautiful and the fabric fantastic! I have started one present but can't show it - I don't like this period with all the secret projects. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful bag, I'm sure your sister will be thrilled with it. The flamingoes are fab I love the fact they are dressed up with crowns and glasses.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course your sister will take it away with her - its fabulous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. christmas finishes already eh? well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. time to start making those Christmas lists. (harder to do the actual making and buying though)
    great bag, your sil will love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you mocked my Monkey eating a hot dog in NY, really??!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are ridiculously organised! So cute! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely make, those flamingos are lovely! Hooray for starting on your Christmas 'make' list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so lucky to have you and to go to Hongkong! She will love it as you said: who would not love those flamingos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A snorkeling flamingo makes everything perfect. Lovely pouch and I'm afraid I only intend making (or attempting to make) one Christmas present this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute pouch .. those flamingos are great! those sunglasses are adorable too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.