Wednesday 26 November 2014

Finished The Mini

I've been out all day today, so I only have one photo - taken quickly this morning by artificial light - to show you my completed Instagram Mini Swap mini.


I free motion quilted matchstick quilting in all the low volume negative space. I did not do any quilting on the rainbow bits at all to help them pop out. I really appreciate all the name suggestions you all gave me - all of which were better than mine - and have decided that the overall winner was Emerging and I am just changing that slightly to 'Emerging Rainbow'. Thanks for the help.

So all I need to do is sort out my extras and off this goes in the post. I really hope my partner likes this but if not she can post it back to me - because I like it. It reflects my own odd, quirky style but I did try to meet the likes in her brief too.

Susan

16 comments:

  1. If your partner does'nt like it, I love this Mini!
    I'm running a fabric giveaway, would you like to enter?
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! Been thinking of you all day! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wonderful, hearted it on IG too, I'd love to receive this in a swap - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been admiring this on IG! Love this! Particularly that the color around the edges is unpredictable. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilting is a lovely finish, as is the binding. Your partner is not going to be sending it back, I'm sure about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rainbow of colors against the black and white prints!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely! And so good to finish a project too!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your swap partner is going to love this !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous mini Susan, you have a very lucky partner. I sent mine off yesterday and I always stay really nervous until I've heard its been received......have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is NOT going to be sending it back I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.