You may - or may not - remember that I designed a bee block for myself based on the + and x block last winter. Then all my Stitch Tease bee mates had to keep quiet about it as Love Patchwork & Quilting commissioned a cushion made with the same blocks.
That's the cushion I made for the magazine above, and to the right is how the blocks looked together when I had 27 of them. I really like the effect of the blues and oranges in various shades together. This weekend I finally rounded the blocks up to 30 and pieced them together. Then I decided they needed a border.
I cannot express how happy I am with this quilt top. For me, the border makes a huge difference to the overall look of it. I like the pattern floating on the white. The borders also brought it up to a size that was more to my liking. It measures approximately 58" x 68" now.
I still have to source a backing fabric. And I plan on using medium to dark blues in a scrappy binding. But I am that much closer to a finish and a Christmas present for someone on my list. I know where this will be headed but will refrain from saying on the off chance that person ever looks at this blog.