Once I had the orange and blue blocks sewn into a completed quilt top I felt that I could give myself permission to start something new. I sketched out this block ages ago. I bought the fabric for it this summer. I was ready to finally try piecing it.
I've wanted to do a red and white Christmas quilt since last winter. I'm calling the block Paper Snowflakes. Not sure if people will think that the name fits or not, but it is what it is. It's a 24" block. After I made the trial block, and my cutting instructions for myself worked (with a tweak here and there), I went ahead and made three more blocks.
Five more blocks and I will have a quilt top. I'm not sure if it looks like paper snowflakes now, or something rather Roman in essence, but I like it. They are not too difficult to piece and nine blocks will make a good sized quilt. I may have another border planned again too. I'm into borders these days.