Thursday 2 October 2014

Today Was All About The Food

I spent the whole day in the kitchen today. Making food, and then more food, and then prepping some more. Because this weekend is a Brit Bee Weekend. We are gathering just south of the Peak District to spend the weekend sewing, talking and eating. Unfortunately there will be some notable and much missed absentees. It won't be the same without them.  Life throws some curve balls at people that are totally not deserved at times. Just saying.

But today was about me aiding and abetting the eating part of the weekend.


I've made a meat and a vegetarian filling for fresh Vietnamese spring rolls.


Sausage rolls, and little mini twice baked potatoes in three versions - the works, vegetarian and non-onion versions. The potatoes will be finished in the oven once we are there.


Needless to say there is a big tray of flapjacks too.

Additionally, I have a bowl full of teriyaki chicken marinating which will be grilled tomorrow before departure. And lots of fresh veggies to grill and then throw in a simple marinade too. Maybe a cake if time allows.

I've not packed, nor considered which sewing projects to bring. But we won't starve so as per usual my priorities are with my stomach. Why can't I lose weight? Why?!

Susan

33 comments:

  1. Enjoy your weekend and sorry that you'll be missing some of your bee mates. I'm starving and drooling here over those spring rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and remember what happens at the retreat stays at the retreat and that means calories too as it will automatically fall off as soon as you leave the door to go back home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Have a lovely time, I hope you get to catch up with the absentees by video link (or whatever it is you do!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that's looking fab, I am just getting to planning now, better late than never, eek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good feast. Hope you have a great time. Always great to be able to get together in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm! Just hand me a fork and that spring roll mix now! Everything looks so good. You are fab. See you tomorrow!,

    ReplyDelete
  7. That food looks great! Enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so good . People will be well feds for sure. Who is bringing the wine?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun, I shall be up in Derbyshire this weekend too, meeting my Mum for a few hours before she goes off to join her old school friends for a reunion. Wave as you go past Leicester on your way up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ach I can't read these posts without crying! Will miss you guys so much, especially when I see all that amazing food!! Have a blast my lovely! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope nothing is terribly awful with your missing bees. And I also hope you have a ball!! You deserve a nice wee treat of a weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your weekend with stitching friends. I am getting hungry just looking at your goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I know you are going to have the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! You will have so much fun even if you don't sew.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a great time, you'll certainly have great eating :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a great time! Food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. aww yummy food as ever Susan! Have a lovely weekend and sorry that some of your bee mates won't manage xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a great weekend. The food looks fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm buying a flight over immediately just for those flap jacks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oof, seeing all the food that people are preparing, wish I was going!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yummy, can i eat all the veggie spring rolls myself or have others converted?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, my mouth is watering. It all looks and sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have a fab weekend and I'll call you on Thursday to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Too bad I'm in the wrong country. The food looks wonderful. We have a sewing weekend coming up too and there has been lots of talk about the food.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have a fab time ladies. I can't believe all you lovely ladies will be in Derbyshire this weekend and I won't get to see you. Maybe next time?!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That all looks fabulous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Who can sew on an empty stomach??? Have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. How could you possibly sew without food .. looks marvelous. Hope it's a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I want to go on retreat with you not just for your company but your delicious cooking. It all sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.