Only me and my machine did not get along today. It culminated in said machine refusing to do a zigzag stitch through the thick layers when I was sewing the sides of the cushion together. I begged it. I implored. I insisted. I swore - a lot. It stubbornly refused. I even tried doing the stitch in reverse. Hey, try anything once!
By the time I had this cushion together all I could see were faults, not any of the good stuff.
|As per usual,|
I did not have a suitably sized insert to properly plump the cushion up.
Nor did I plan the the quilting would push the hexies after they were appliquéd down so that they folded over themselves a bit on some of the edges, as seen below. That really annoyed me, but obviously not enough to pull out every last stitch and try again.
I did a simple envelope back because I was so pissed off by that point that the effort of putting in a zip seemed too much for my frayed nerves. Because it would have had to be an entirely invisible zip; as seen in previous cushions my long zips are all bright blue. So not appropriate for this cushion!
On a positive note - I love the effect of the quilting, the different angles, the darker grey Aurifil thread on the lighter grey linen. I love the colours. I like that most of my vision worked out. And I am particularly happy that it has now been through the wash, the scorch mark is gone and the cushion cover didn't disintegrate. So it's not all bad after all!
I have an idea what I want to do with it. I just have to be happy that it is good enough for purpose.