Wednesday 10 April 2013

Home Again

Home again. The suitcase is unpacked and the laundry is in. I had some seriously exciting mail waiting for me - but you will have to wait to see that. I shall just sit here grinning about it meanwhile.

If you were on Instagram over the past week then you can skip this photo heavy post as you will have seen it all already. If not, here is a high speed recap of some of the things we got up to this week -

Over excited child (the youngest), sewing on the train, desert at the Chinese buffet, Cinderella on Ice, cold but beautiful beach, finds at the American candy shop (a new discovery for us), new boots (woohoo!), huge veggie burger and a shop full of Japanese fun stuff.


Sunday market in Tynemouth Station - food glorious food, antiques, crafts, second hand stuff and great browsing.


Finding a stall holder with lots of covetable things - including old Singers - but he only took cash and there wasn't a bank machine in the village, at least not one in working order. Oh, and a lingerie shop with the best name!


Fish and chips, massive veggie burger (that somehow snuck into two mosaics), my mum's birthday (cake by Helen), Emily enjoying a potato stuffed with prawns, cream tea for me and obscenely coloured tongue courtesy of the American candy shop!


A visit to Northumberlandia. Top left photo explains. I, childishly, can now say I stood on the biggest boob you could ever imagine.


It was a fabulous week. Lots of fun things to do, and quality time with my mum and stepdad. Hope you all had a good week too. I didn't read one blog while I was away so while I shall try to catch up I rather doubt I will be able to read the whole backlog. But back to routine now. If I missed anything particularly exciting, please let me know!

Susan

35 comments:

  1. So cruel! If ya'll don't get to displaying those quilts soon....I am going to bust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a good holiday and liked Northumberlandia - she is just up the road from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that looks like a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So is Northumberlandia worth a visit? I'll be heading over to Newcastle before too long and might just check it out!! I'll also be checking out the Tynemouth market - that's a new one for me!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great! Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could you step on her boob! Oh you are so .... You had a great time and lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that you had such an amazing time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great holiday and the market looks wonderful - are you sending your mam back to that stall?!

    When do we get to see your happy post?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the look of those big smiles, you ladies had a fabulous time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Northumberlandia looks fun, and the markets even better! All the food looks yummy and the cake is lovely. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a fantastic time! Welcome home :) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun times!
    I used to go to Tynemouth market when I was at Uni (25yrs ago!!!!!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, I so enjoyed your travelogue!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And home again jiggety-jig! Looks like you had a wonderful time and built lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome home! Looks like you had an amazing time! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like you all had a wonderful time, I am so pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fabulous time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome home Susan! Enjoyed seeing your photos again :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Love the new boots!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so glad you had such a nice time. The photo reap was great. Your girls are very adventurous eaters. You know I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  21. welcome home .. sounds like a wonderful time. with lots of veggie burgers. How do you create the collages?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Back to reality! Glad to see you all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back! I love those fox bags in the shop

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh what Susan said! Glad you are safely home! Hope the pile of dishes and dust bunnies don't frighten you and looking forward to finding out what Susan did next?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Glad you had a fab time, welcome back! I love the look of Northumberlandia, great boobs!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love seeing your photos. Your girls always amaze me with their baking skills, must get their creative talents from their Mama.
    You typed "boob" Tee hee!!
    Lush xox

    ReplyDelete
  27. ooooo this looks like a really excellant family holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks like fun! We have loads of those American sweet shops here, but they're a bit of a moveable feast because they just occupy empty high street shops on a temporary basis.

    PS, glad you were able to find bigger boobs than yours ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! What great photos. It looks like an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great week, lots of great food, fun times and standing on boobs, what's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like a fun holiday! I love the look on Helen's face in the shot with the waffle and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.