Friday 27 July 2012

The Birthday That Keeps On Giving

My best friend - the one who makes the most fantastic cakes with the girls because she is a professional cake decorator - gave me a gift certificate to Fluffy Sheep for my birthday. Isn't she the best?! So I spent some of it on pieces of fabric I coveted but didn't have a purpose for, yet.

Here's what I got.


Donkeys and wellies. Donkeys in wellies. Need I say anything else. Honestly these are a necessity because they make me smile.


Melody Miller because I could and I did, and it is mine all mine. Besides, I never had the typewriters when everyone else did and I was dead jealous. If you don't have typewriters, Cindy still has some in stock. I left some for you. Because I am nice like that. Not that I am nice enough to share my own. Uh-uh, no way.


I have also been in complete envy of everyone who has been embroidering these houses. I am a complete copycat and I have bought this fabric and come away on holiday with it. And a few accessories.


Also pictured is a lovely piece of fabric sent to me by Sarah that is calling out for embroidery too. You will have to stay tuned to see if I actually accomplished anything while away other than relax.

Susan

21 comments:

  1. Nice...very nice! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely ..........lucky you looking for ward to what you make ,i bought the donkeys but as yet dont know what i am going to do with them :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your new fabric, especially the piece from Sarah! Have fun embroidering in the sun! (Fingers firmly crossed that it's been as sunny up the coast as it has here!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, fab goodies, and your tastes are so similar to mine I just had to go check my stash ;o) Happy embroidering...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful fabrics. I think I would have picked the same ones. they are all so very cute! Happy Birthday all over again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you had to have this fabric!! It is too cute to pass up. Tomorrow is my birthday....I see some fabric shopping next week...lol Have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice, and I am so bummed that I missed telling you happy birthday. I was too caught up in mine, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices and enjoy your house embroidering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. isnt it wonderful when your birthday stretches out? LOVE those wellies x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fabrics, look forward to seein your stitching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, yay & yet more yay for Donkeys in Wellies!
    And.....Llamas in hats! Lol!

    I have a weeensy bit of Lu's house fabric which I too would like to embroider.....am so parc @ embroidery tho :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those donkeys are curiously endearing. Absolutely love the wellies and the Summersville - happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unusual but so much fun - great new fabrics. Have fun embroidering.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so fun being part of your birthday celebration. I can't wait to see what you create with them :)

    Hope your hols are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those donkeys in wellies are so cute! Lovely birthday treat! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a lovely friend and love your fabric choices especially the typewriters of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh I do love a donkey and in wellies???? great choices of fabric as usual and I know you will enjoy all the embroidering! have fun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yea for getting special guilt free lovelies. Hope you are having a great time away!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Great purchases - I'm totally coveting those typewriters!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.