Tuesday 31 July 2012

Sunrise

I got my winning bundle of solids from Cindy at Fluffy Sheep. I am quite impressed with myself because I don't have that much confidence in colour matching and that sort of thing. I throw colours together and pray generally, not having much faith that what I am doing is right.

But I love my solids bundle.


I can work with this. For one it is the usual colour overload that I love. Seeing it on the dark background makes me think that it would work very well with Kona Charcoal. I am getting ideas for this. It might take a while for me to get round to it while I clear away the 'to do' list but I am definitely already pondering.

It thrills me that Cindy is going to offer this as a bundle in her shop. Wonder if anyone else will have the same taste as me?


Best make something with it and prove that it works as a colour combination!

Susan

22 comments:

  1. oooh SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooohhhhh, that is GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Great win for you. Love the happy colors.....but I want to add some bright blue to make them sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bundle sweetie, cant wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to have a go with one of the patterns in 'We Love Colour' you know, when I have a spare minute...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bundle Susan - hope you are enjoying your hols with plenty of vino x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now doesn't that look gorgeous in the flesh! Happy quilting with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is actually a great color combination, well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks even more gorgeous seeing it laid out like this! Well done you. (I did vote for you btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Warms me up on a cold winter morning in Melbourne! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning colours and they look lovely on the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. enjoy your vaca.. soon it will be time for the girls to go back to school

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty. I love these colors. Are you home?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats. I`d buy it...if I had any pennies! Perfect Marrakech colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's as gorgeous on your blog as it is in person! What a great color combo you created, Susan! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it's a brilliant combo - bet it turns out to be a bestseller!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now this is a win I AM envious of! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.