Saturday 21 July 2012

Get a Wiggle On

Today was the first day of the summer holidays. Technically I think the plan was for me to do nothing today. Things didn't go to plan. But that's okay. The sun shone. The girls got on - mostly. In the scheme of things I would call it a pretty good day. Even if it wasn't as lazy as hoped for me.

Towards the end of the afternoon I put my foot down and told the rest of them that I was going to do something for me, and just for me. Which was a bit of a lie because I was doing something for Emily - Strawberry Patch. She is asking for help making Wiggly Bags. These are used to hold the Hickman lines for children undergoing cancer treatment. If you wish to learn more about this and the Olivia Holmes Foundation which is working to improve the environment while doctors provide first class care for young cancer sufferers then please follow this link.



All you need to make a wiggly bag is two six inch squares of fabric, four 50cm of cotton tape and an inch of sew on velcro. That's it! Emily's has an excellent tutorial on her blog to run you through the quick steps of making them. I threw together six in a very short period of time, and that included fabric delving and velcro finding - which was right on top of the boxes I was searching through and I failed to see it. Typical!


If you have the chance to make one, or more, of these wiggly bags Emily would really appreciate the support.

In other news, the disco for the Y6s went really well last night. The kids loved it. The parents survived the mind bending volume level of the music. The food was consumed and my cake was a hit. (Phew!) It took me all day to make. I am not a natural at cake decorating and when the black icing started melting I was less than pleased - to put it politely. My only worry now is Emily will want me to repeat the feat next year.


I can't show you photos of the disco as I try to avoid posting photos of children not my own without the parents' knowledge and consent, so I will leave you with a photo of Emily conquering the limbo in style.


Susan

13 comments:

  1. The cake is brilliant and the limbo looks like fun. Lovely wiggly bags xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the wiggly bags, I'm all set to make some tonight.

    Congrats on the cake, and, of course, for raising such a limber daughter ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day! Looks like you had a great time! Loving the Wiggly Bags, too. I need to hop on this train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the wigglies and cake x
    If the rest of the holidays are like today, I will be rather happy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see pure joy in these photos and the wigglies bag comes from a good hearted person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on cake, looks good! I was on wigglies today too, but then I realised I dont have any velcro so they're gonna have to wait til monday now :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is having a great time! Wish I was that bendy!

    Yummy cake - well done mum! You are a wiggly wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a real productive day, all those wiggles. :). And glory be, the sun shone! Beautiful cake Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done doing the Wigglies and Cake. I have Wigglies on my to do list. Right along side go buy some tape online and er maybe some more velcro!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab limboing - did you teach her that? Love your wigglies too - very sweet fabrics for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Limbo looks super fun. Fabulous cake and wiggle bags too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The queen of limbo!! love that cake

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah thank you so much Susan, they are fab! Sorry I have only just seen this, it seems the summer school holiday is already keeping me away from the laptop :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.