Tuesday 28 January 2014

Pieced!

All HSTs are sewn together and one 72" x 72" quilt top is complete. Happy, happy me.


I've splurged and ordered extra wide backing fabric. Something to do with not wanting to make a whole bunch more HSTs for the back if I had to piece something into a normal width fabric that would make it wide enough and still cohesive with the front design. I went with the cost versus sanity line of thinking, and decided as my sanity was already hanging by a thread I had best just order the extra wide.

So, as soon as that fabric has arrived basting and quilting will commence. Meanwhile I have hexies to keep me entertained.

Susan

18 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing the top Mrs, but my eyes are still deceiving me and i still see brown! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on the finished top. I think it should be a law that the designers make at least one extra wide with each fabric line, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the finish. Love Diane's comment and I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great!! Extra wide backing is a wise choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yippee! Yippee! I'm so happy for you. Can't wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol. I agree with the cost versus sanity principle. I will remin myself of this whenever I am feeling frugal and trying to "make do".
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. *gasp* is that brown in there?! Best not let Hads see... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes you just have to do what you just have to do! Sanity saved! Love the teasing close-up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh exciting, standing by for the reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all about the extra wide backing!!!! Can't wait for the reveal - it looks so colourful! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours in your HST's - I usually use the wide backing fabric too as I find it easier to get a smooth quilt back if it isn't pieced:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for your flimsy finish...Ive never used a wide back but honestly it makes so much sense.

    You are powering along with sewing at the moment girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great, Good for you on the extra wide backing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.