Wednesday 22 January 2014

Destash Results

Through the letter box today landed three out of five of the parcels I am expecting from the results of my quick fire buying technique in the Great UK Destash on Sunday night. I, like everyone else, know what I like in fabric. When I saw bundles come up for grabs it was specific fabrics that drew my eye in each of them.


Clockwise from top left. The pink narwhales from Out to Sea is a no brainer for me. I loved this line but didn't have the funds to buy it at the time. The DS will get added to the collection but it was the aqua flowers that I particularly wanted and some of that will be going into my hexie quilt. The dots bundle had a big old piece of HR in it. You know I had to buy it. It's in the rule book somewhere. Then the two blue bundles. You can see my arrows pointing at specific fabrics that I could just see on IG and jumped at the chance to have.

Here's a closer look.


I don't even know the name of the aqua fabric with the white dots with the little black spots, but I love it and it's perfect for the hexie quilt. Plus there was a low volume and three other cuts that are just my sort of fabrics.


I've got a piece of Farmdale - the aqua with cherry blossoms. I covet this fabric like you wouldn't believe and am so, so happy to have a piece in my stash. I will probably never use it but that doesn't matter. I can stroke it once in a while. I would have bought this pack for the Farmdale no matter what else was in the bundle. But look closer and you see a bit of DS Hope Valley, some Madrona Road, lovely aquas, etc.

What most surprised me and pleased with all these destash fabrics was the very generous size of them. The narwhales is a massive piece. The DS cuts are close to a FQ each. The dots and large scrap pack are all big bits. And the bottom scrap pack - supposedly small pieces - all a good size and so easily encorporated in my projects. I do not regreat buying one bit of fabric here.

I think the UK Destash should happen twice a year, and meanwhile I will sit and practice making the finger that pushes the refresh button even stronger, and quicker and I will most certainly be buying again. One person's scraps are another person's treasures. I couldn't be happier. And there is still more to come!

Susan

28 comments:

  1. You did so well! It must be so fun to get things so fast in the mail. Whenever anyone is sending to me it takes 2 weeks or more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous buys, lucky you've been building up your finger strength for the battle! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurrah! You're so good at nailing what you want - my fabric acquisitions are a far less measured process. And yes yes yes to twice yearly UK destash! But can we wait until I've recovered from having the baby before the next one so I'm awake enough to hit the refresh button?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice haul! Now 1 and 2 and 3 and 4! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like ALL your choices too, great finger poise!!
    I am yet to join IG, though I would if I could x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picks, Susan! I love all your NEW Fabrics! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds! That aqua/white/black polka dot is from Paula Prass' Flight of Fancy. I love the blue AMH cathedral windows and the honeycomb! Enjoy your new fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabrics....I'm glad barb knew the name of that fabric as I would call it frogspawn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! A-ha now I see why you asked me the question about the Aqua fabric with ditsy flowers. If you still need that sort of thing for your hexie quilt I have a scrap piece of Micheal Miller aqua with tiny red flowers you might be interested in ….

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, you have that lovely piece of V&A Liberty too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome picks in there. Even though you grabbed bundles just for one specific I reckon you got some really gorgeous " extras". E xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did great. Can't wait for mine to arrive. I tried to get my hands on some farmdale but bathing the pesky kids interfered with my ability to grab them quick enough

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic haul ...love each and every one of them. I reckon we Aussies should set up a similar destash program!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous fabric mail, well done you. I agree totally on the twice a year thing, maybe with a little bit more notice so I can get more organised, although my stash is looking super tidy right now as a result of sorting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some fabulous fabric treasure there. Oh for a device that does instagram and some $$$ for fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow you have some pretties there! You totally scored!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go you! I was selling rather than buying (and feeling rather virtuous about my Papyapl balance right now), although a couple of buyers seem to have vanished!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! You got some really nice fabric and had fun getting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aussie IG Destash today...shall I send you the number??
    Love all your aqua purchases. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh, fabulous fabrics. I'm most jealous of the HR stripes! Well done.

    I signed up for instagram but couldn't for the life of me figure it out, so lessons will be needed in advance of the next one, i can't miss out twice!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely selection. Yes, the fabric destash should be a twice yearly thing. Other peoples scraps are always better than your own! The scrap bundles were the stuff I coveted the most!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love a scrap bundle! Even though my stash is HUGE by any measure, I still feel like I need more variety. Comes from having spent a lifetime not knowing how much to buy, fearing I would run out (unlikely!!) & getting a metre of 1 fabric rather than FQ's of 4.
    Trying to redress that. Will need to put some of my own crap up next time & try hard to not buy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love all those blues. I didn't partake this time round, but definitely will next time

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.