Wednesday 21 September 2011

What If?

What if my partners don't like my mug rugs? What if they wish I had made something different? Too much thinking going on here! And due to that I suddenly had a brain wave that I would make another mug rug today - and give them an alternative that they might prefer. I've posted photos on the swap page on Fickr and if either says the word then they can have this mug rug instead.


I had a little play with some of my Heather Ross gnomes. Framed them up in a dark blue, tried to pick out some of the colours used in the gnomes for the other fabrics and then got stitching with the perle cotton.


And that, other than the usual necessities of life, is what took up my day today. I do hope that one of my partners decides they want this one because that would make the last minute panic worth while.

I forgot to say that I received a Goodie Swap parcel on Monday but there was so much going on that posting about it here was wiped clear from my mind. I have not opened it because it was sent well before the posting dates, and a bit like on Christmas morning, I wanted to be opening my Goodies the same time as everyone else. And I am not to blog it yet, according to the rules, because then people would know for sure that this mug rug was not for them. It is good to be left guessing to the last moment. That is part of the fun after all.

On to other swap matters. I am thrilled that I have people signed up for the Modern Christmas Tablerunner Swap. I cannot tell you how nervous I was doing that post yesterday and how sure I was going to be Billy-no-mates in it. Not only is there people signed up for it but seriously great people. Amazing quilters with great senses of humour. I feel like a 14 year old who has had a party and the cool girls showed up. How good is that?!! Won't you come and join us? Because I know you are one of the cool kids too!

I'll finish with the girls having a great time at a friend's house yesterday. They got to have a swim in the pool and by the looks of Helen it was an extremely relaxing time -


But in all honesty it was the toy that Emily was playing in that made me wish I had brought my swim suit too.


It was a pirate boat that you could sit in, using your feet to propel yourself, with a built in water pistol for waging battle. I think next time we are invited for a swim I will have to have a go at that!

Susan

18 comments:

  1. Your partners are going to LOVE their MRs but I have exactly the same concerns. I have posted mine and hope poor things get them before Christmas...the mail here makes snails seem fast. Congrats on the swap - it`s going to be a HUGE success! Love the pics and know excatly how Helen feels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will more than happily take any of your mug rugs! Happy, happy, happy! I love what you've created.

    Good for you having a bit of restraint. I would 100% never forget about that package and would have opened it ASAP. You're a champ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pirate boat is definitely top of your Christmas list then!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great pool toy! I love, love, love your new MR - fabulous! Your partners are really going to be torn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been second guessing my partners too. I would love to be your partner - all your mug rugs are great! I'm sure if I'm not your partner they will feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily sure knows how to party! Looks like great fun! Your swap partner is one lucky duck! And so pleased you've had such a great response to your Christmas swap - knew you would! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gnomes are uber-duber cute! and the pirate boat...well....get your togs on and get in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes to Gnomes; No to pixies and fairies!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those gnomes. Isn't it weird how we get ourselves so worked up about producing something that should be straightforwrd - we're all nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your partners are going to love which ever mug rug you send. Gnomes are cool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know Susan I'll help you out and take all three mugrugs! Thank you very much! Heeheee!

    Water lot of fun! You should have been in there swabbing the decks or something me hearty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your newest mug rug looks wonderful, although I think they are all great. But I feel better that I have made an almost completed mug rug for Partner 2 in a completely different style to see if I get an enthusiastic comment. The swimming looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course your swap partners will love your mug rugs you mad woman! Why wouldn’t they. Stressing out over nothing I think!

    I wish I wasn’t already woefully over committed to 3 gazillion other things. I would have loved to do your table runner swap  I suspect you WERE one of the cool girls all along but just didn’t realise it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the gnomes. It's a work of art! Much to good to drip tea on... Don't worry! Send it to me instead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I *love* you gnome mug rug! who wouldn't!? Anybody that receives that will be thrilled and if they don't then you can give them my address! I'll have it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can`t email you - your box is full. Perhaps you can`t read your comments...stop being so popular and empty your inbox!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is THE cutest mug rug, oh my what I would give to be your swap partner. All three have been fabulous.
    I knew you would have plenty of people putting up their hands for the Tablerunner Swap, it's a great idea. I'm way too over committed to join in this time but I'm looking forward to seeing the results.
    The pirate boat looks like such fun, I wish I could find something like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your third mug rug looks great : I will happily take all three! I have been too busy to even look and comment on the goodie swap pics that have gone up over the last few days: will go and remedy that this evening: I am in 'catch up' mode!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.