Monday 26 September 2011

Goodie Swap!

I think I mentioned last week that I had received my Goodie Swap items at the beginning of last week. I had incredibly self-control (for me) and didn't open them until this weekend so that I was doing it at the same time as many of the others. And was I happy when I did!


I loved those bright hexies when I saw them posted on the Flickr swap group. They are pieced beautifully. And the hand stitching! There are stitches here like you never see on my quilts, they are so delicate and perfectly done.


If that was not enough there were some yummy chocolaty treats - and you know that you can never go wrong with chocolate and me in the same room together. And this plump gorgeousness of a pin cushion. Which is great because I am going to start keeping a pin cushion with my hand sewing and another by the machine and then I don't have to keep chasing it round.


Aren't those wee dots of flowers lovely?! So a huge thank you to Ros from Rosa-Munda who put such a lot of time, skill and thought into my swap items to make things that suited me so well.

In other news, I am sure that you are pleased to see I survived the weekend with a modicum of sanity. (Yes, Hadley, I am waiting for a pithy comment to this!) You may have all laughed that I got Sunday dinner - it was not a roast! - ready two days early, but let me tell you that it was very appreciated by me last night that I only had to bake some potatoes and reheat the chili. I wasn't up to any more effort than that!

I had a friend over for lunch today so very little time was left for sewing between that and other tasks. But I do finally have the background fabric cut for the Across the Seas quilt so the final piecing should be done tomorrow. Woohoo!

I am taking the girls into town after school as Emily has some birthday money burning a hole in her pocket and Claire's has a sale on with some amazing Hello Kitty bargains and Emily is terrified that they will have all sold out. It will be straight to dance - via the chip shop - from there and that pretty well ties up the remainder of my day.

So I hope that you are enjoying this Indian summer sunshine and having a great Monday.

Susan

19 comments:

  1. Great goodies and what amazing self control you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't believe you didn't open this early. What a great package!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Self restraint too? You're getting more like wonder woman every post ;-) Pretty swap goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so You are the recipient of these lovely creations. Lucky girl are you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ME!!! I can't think what you mean!!

    Nice swapsies. Hope there was enough Hello Kitty to keep Emily smiling xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mugrug and what an adorable pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goodies! That pincushion is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great parcel - I love pincushions like that but I'm afraid my cupcake one is my favourite!! (Hope people don't read this and think I've got a big head - I didn't make it, I won it!!). Hope she got all the Hello Kitty she wanted (well, could afford!)?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful MR - & plump is the word for that pincushion. Lovely package. Looking forward to seeing your ATS backside! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo what a fab pincushion, I know what you mean about needing more than one, I'm constantly losing mine under reams of fabric. I saw someone came up with an idea of having a long sausage shaped one velcro'd to the top of her machine, how cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all fabulous and what great colours: I don't rembember seeing this - but then there are a few things I can't remember seeing, I will have to go back over the photos on the swap and have a look

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you Susan - likewise didn't see these till I saw you got them on Flickr! What a pincushion! Good idea to have lots!

    I've now blogged and Flickrd my lovely parcel from Emily - she knows me so well obviously!

    Hope you are now well kitty-ed out and if you like kittens just wait till you see my post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely things to receive - and how beautifully made, too! Ros is so clever with her needle.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoooo Hooooo on the self control of waiting to open that parcel. I'm not sure I would have been able to resist! And what gorgeous contents. That mug rug makes me want to give hand quilting a try ...I bet my stitches wouldn't look like that though!

    Chips for dinner....hmnnnn I think I just got my Tuesday tea idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't believe you had that much self control, send some this way! Your hexie mug rug is very pretty and I really love that pincushion! Hope Hello Kitty was still there waiting?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all of your goodies, especially the cushion! Great Post. Luv

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just stopped by to grab my button and noticed that you were claiming sanity. Since Hadley didn't say anything I figured it was my responsibility. That seems like quite the stretch....hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your goodies are so lovely! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful hand stitching and so colourful hexies too! Love the chocolate too of course!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.