Thursday 29 September 2011

ATSQAL Finished!

I am so pleased that I signed up for the Across the Seas Quilt-a-long. Sarah and Jennifer are brilliant, put tons of work into the pattern and all the tutorials along the way, and must have spent hours cheering us all as we progressed. I am amazed at how different this quilt can look depending on what fabrics people chose. Having seen some other people's choices, in retrospect I  might have made different choices myself - but I didn't and - despite this - I am thrilled with the resulting quilt.


I made the baby size. This would fit one big baby! Not complain, just saying. It is a perfect size to toss over our sofa and hide more of its ugliness. I am almost there in the quilting disguise. Maybe just a cushion or two more.


Seeing as how the weather has been so nice this week, the quilt and I went out for a little outdoor photo shoot yesterday.

The vibrancy of the colours really showed up in the sunshine.
I love that bordered cross on the back,
even if it caused me more trouble than anything else about this quilt.
Just hanging around.
I'm happy with my decision to go with a scrappy binding.
And that is my Across the Seas Quilt. My first ever completed quilt in a QAL. I say that because I started the Farmer's Wife quilt ages before this one but I have a feeling it will be a lot longer before I am finished it too!

Today I have spent a great deal of time at the computer compiling the data on the people signed up for my Modern Christmas Tablerunner Swap. If you haven't signed up for it then I have to tell you that this is an amazing group of people who have joined. Here's a little mosaic of things made by some of the people in the group. Wouldn't you love to get something made by someone capable of making things like this?!


I know I would. That's why I started the swap. I'm not silly!

Susan

PS: If you have signed up for the swap but not yet provided me with your details, or made a mosaic, you need to do these things by Sunday night because that is when sign ups close and partner assignment starts. A mosaic and an address are required to participate.

23 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks lovely on the sofa! Just need one for a seat cover now?

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first saw your quilt I thought how lovely it was then read your comment about maybe choosing different fabric, well nope I think you are wrong, I think you got the fabric and the colours just right...it's wonderful!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Susan, it looks fantastic, I'd happily swap my ATS for yours! I finished today, all photographed but blogged already today so I think I will wait until tomorrow to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ATS is beautiful and Finished! Mine won't be done in time for Monday's post. boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATS looks fantastic and Goldilocks looks right at home on your backside ;o) Enjoy snuggling under it this autumn...if it ever arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, I'm joining the general consensus, Across the sea looks Fab-u-lous! Good luck compiling your data :-) (and thanks for squeezing me in your mosaic! xx)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful quilt. I couldn't join the QAL this time, but I think that it is a lovely pattern. I might give it a go at a later stage, who knows. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt is great, lovely lady, and that green bordered cross was well worth the trouble! Good luck with the chrimble swap, looks like youve got some seriously talented stitchers there :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quilt is great, lovely lady, and that green bordered cross was well worth the trouble! Good luck with the chrimble swap, looks like youve got some seriously talented stitchers there :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quilt looks amazing in the sunshine and Goldilocks looks like she's recovered well after her ordeal! It's going to be loads of fun on your sofa and it's just hanging around there ready for those chilly evening when you get to enjoy snuggling under it!

    Great job too on inspiring so many folks on your swap! It's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Across the Seas looks great Susan. So happy for you to finish your first QA...I'm about a week away from finishing my first too and I cannot wait. The bordered cross on the back is super cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay, the quilt looks fabulous! I love the FMQ and the strippy border. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful AtS finish!! So desperate to get on with my binding I can't even think of anything sarcastic for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a fabulous quilt! I love it, and doesn't the sunshine make all things so much better :) Lovely mosaic btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is gorgeous Susan. Isn't it wonderful when you finish something and you LOVE it. The back is as cute as the front thanks to that block that nearly made you pull out your hair so it was well worth the extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEY! I looks amazing susieQ!!! Very well done to you :-)

    Thanks for featuring lil' old me in the mosaic, sooooo looking forward to getting started on the swap. Me + christmas = LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous finish - what a speedy ending and it looks fantastic in situ - hope that Goldilocks gets an airing every so often as she really rocks.

    And thanks for adding little red to your mosaic - how kind to include her in that hallowed company!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilt is so beautiful Susan, and well done for getting it finished! I've stalled on mine and was considering forgetting the pieced backing but after seeing yours (and Hadley's) I'm going to get back to it and get my backside sorted out!
    Really looking forward to your swap!
    And thanks for including my picture in you mosaic x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilt looks fab and I looooovve your fabrics they are gorgeous! So glad you enjoyed our QAL :-) Goldilocks looks great too and your pics are lovely and arty. Almost a whole week after finishing mine and I am still waiting for it to stop raining so I can get pics of mine finished!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous quilt susan and a great finish - colours work beautifully together

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE your ATS quilt! Looks right at home there on the sofa - and David Bailey had better watch out! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. that quilt looks fab!!!! I stalled before I even started. I thought the baby size would be fine for me. Then I hadn't got quite enough fabric for the back ground bits so thought I should order some more. But then I saw how much was required for the back and the thought of ordering all that fabric for one project made me hang back...wish I'd jumped in now!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks fabulous!
    Really fabulous!
    Making me really really keen to get my couch quilt finished now. Fabric on their way to little bee-ers as we speak though so shouldn't be too far away.

    And yes, yes I would rather like to own something made by one of those talented people!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.