I wouldn't normally humiliate myself like this, but I have decided that my 'office' needed sorting out. This tiny space - 6'x6' is where my desk and computer are, as well as numerous boxes of craft things, stored letters, etc. Add in all the things that the girls think my office is a good place to shove stuff, and lots of half finished projects of theirs and you have a nightmare of a space.
So I started hauling out boxes and piles of things to find out what was there, organising things, and - most importantly - binning things. It will look a lot worse before it ever looks better.
On the bright side, I found a piece of wadding while I was digging deeper and deeper into the furthest corners. A piece of wadding, that with a little cut off the end and added to the side would be just big enough for the Siblings Together quilt. I was thrilled.
To celebrate making it through our annual rental inspection and filling another bag for the trash bin, I added the borders onto the Siblings quilt top, pieced the wadding and got ready to piece the backing that Helen had sent me to make it wide enough for the quilt. Imagine my surprise, and glee, to find that the fabric is actually about 56" wide and did not need anything done to it other than pressing.
That meant I could get on with the next job. Basting.
I feel a quilt finish coming on next week.