Tuesday 30 June 2015

BBQ Weather

Today was hot - for England that is. Around our house it's about 28C and humid. Most definitely BBQ weather. So me and Pinterest got busy last night making up a shopping list. Today I shopped.

Tonight, at Emily's request we are having - 


Chopped Greek Salad with -


Very Greek Grilled Chicken Breasts, and pitas, and tzatziki. 

Then I filled the freezer. I did the meat and sauce prep for Dan Dan Noodles.


Some Vietnamese Pork Meatballs


Some Bacon Bourbon BBQ Chicken Thighs


And some Asian Pork Tenderloin with a Peanut Sauce


So that us fed, bar a few salads, for the rest of the week. It will be me outside by the grill, cold drink in hand enjoying this summer weather. Silly not to. 

All the recipes above are on my Pinterest Savoury Foods board found under Susan Standen. All these recipes are new to me. Hope they're nice.

Susan 



9 comments:

  1. Well if they taste half as good as they look they will be deeelish. We had chicken kebabs and pretended it was sunny. It's humid and cloudy here and I wish it would hurry up and rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if they taste half as good as they look they will be deeelish. We had chicken kebabs and pretended it was sunny. It's humid and cloudy here and I wish it would hurry up and rain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i heard a radio programme today that said we should be supporting the greek people by eating greek dishes and imports. I do wish my kids had been adventurous with food when younger. Great now but a nightmare in early teens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very Summer menu - they all look fantastic.

    It's all soups, stews, and casseroles down here - we have to keep warm somehow !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I was at your house for dinner all week! Sounds amazing. Here's a wee dish to add that I also found on Pinterest, but this went down very well with my family on a BBQ http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/grilled-chile-lime-chicken/64421e15-d0cd-4e9b-9fb4-a1e6dc211447 Enjoy the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish that I had your enthusiasm for cooking! It all looks delicious. Enjoy your Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! What a cook fest. All looks wonderful. Enjoy your lovely warm day. We are about to have a cold, cold night with 5C forecast, and several more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks delicious - I wish I'd been at your house for dinner every day last week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.