Friday 5 February 2016


I have finally managed to do a little bit of sewing. I needed to work on the next Brit Bee block which was designed by Jo and I was making for Hadley. Each block in this round of the bee is 15" by 30" so they are a whoppers.

It began with a whole bunch of flying geese which I made using the no waste method. I am never sure why I do this because I get frustrated with all the trimming and the fact that they can be just big enough...  just. Even when I use scant seams, ect.

Hadley set the colour choices. I just followed her requests. But I do like they way they look together. Puts me in mind of springtime. Because I get all optimistic at this time of year.

Next up for the block was some needle turn appliqué.

Thankfully this didn't phase me as much as it does some of the others. Lots of 'favours' are being pulled this round I do believe.

And this is what the completed block looks like.

Those tiny geese at the bottom finish at 1" by 2" and they were a right b***h to make. Just saying. But the finished block is really cool so worth the effort I would say.



  1. That is a massive block but oh so very pretty!

  2. My goodness, that is quite a complex "block!" Beautiful!

  3. I love this block, I can't wait to see it finished

  4. Beautiful block. Lovely cool colours but a lot of work! You must have some talented sewers in your group.

  5. Oh that is such a beautiful block, so fresh and spring like in colour.

  6. Love you; can't wait to see you and the block, thank you xxx

  7. I love that block! I've not noticed the small geese on the other blocks I've seen, I'll have to go back and have another look!


Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.