Monday 8 December 2014

Chipping Away At The List

I didn't get as much done today on the sewing front as I had planned. But I did accomplish a big thing on the surprise presents for the girls and I am so excited. I am looking forward to this Christmas incredibly just because neither of them will be expecting their gifts. I cannot wait to see each of their faces. Wish I could bottle this feeling of excitement.

I did progress one more make to a finish though. I took the quilt as you go grey cushion front and turned it into a cushion. This too is destined for Sweden.


I used Essex linen for the back and just added a very subtle teal highlight with the stitching. If you look closely at the front you will see that one of the fabrics - with the tiny flowers - features a little bit of teal as well. I like these tiny extra touches of colour.


Tonight is the last dance class for the girls for over a month. Their teacher is having a baby soon so is extending the Christmas break. I love them dancing but must say that dropping this from the routine for a few weeks is welcome right now. Just one less thing to think about. We've had four parcel deliveries so far today. It's hectic but things are falling into place. Best get wrapping soon.

Susan

11 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Mrs, another great finish. Good Luck with the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the look of these cushions, maybe I should make my mum one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the subtle colour pop on the back. That will be some parcel going to Sweden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cushion. Sweden is doing very well for presents. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those little touches of teal with the Essex! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great, that is a wonderful cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the 3D effect of the cushion - the teal is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really great cushion! Love the touch of teal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! Finishing such a lovely gift. The quilting looks amazing! How did you do it? I've done virtually no stitching for three days and every time I tick something off my to-do list two more things get added to the end! Nevermind, deep breath, carry on...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.