I've pieced the back for Salt Air and I am ever so pleased that there was more than enough fabric. In fact there are little bits and pieces leftover - after making the binding too. Very little pieces, but that's not the point. The important bit is I had enough. I am so relieved!
The binding is scrappy, and I did add in one non-Salt Air fabric. It took me a while to decide, but I eventually went with short strips of Kona Coal. It works with the colours in Salt Air, and to me just suggest a bit of storminess to the sea conditions. That is appropriate as the recipient of this quilt has been enduring a number of life's storms. I am hoping when she receives this quilt it will coincide with the start of a nice long calm period where she can sit back and enjoy all the good stuff she has happening.
Meanwhile, the postman did not disappoint me today. I got a non-bill package. This time it was my last bee block from the brilliantly talented and lovely Jo - Life In Lists. The wait was worth it, and as we know, there wasn't a chance in hell I was going to piece my bee quilt before Christmas so there was no need for her to stress herself about getting it done earlier. She had a lot going on. A lot! But now that she has found the time, just look at the amazing block Jo made for me. It is stunning!
Guess that means I have to figure out a way to put together all these disparate star blocks I asked for. Now that is going to take some pondering. And I have Salt Air to baste. It would help if I actually had some wadding.