This is my third year making a quilt for Siblings Together. I love supporting this charity and hope I can do so for a long time to come. I chose to use some of my bee blocks this time round. I had some lovely churn dashes from my time in the Modern Stitching Bee and it was long overdue that I turn them into a quilt.
If you would like to learn more about this charity please read about it here. Lynne tells it way better than I could. And there is a Flickr group here.
I asked for 12" (finished) blocks in purples, blues and aquas. I got a beautiful selection of all those colours. I think they blend together really well.
The blocks were pieced into six rows of four so the finished quilt is 48"x72". I backed it in the ubiquitous Ikea number print and used Kona Charcoal for the binding. The quilting was a big loopy fmq to keep it nice, sort and cuddly.
I think this quilt would suit a girl, but not a really girlie girl. I really hope that the recipient loves it and knows that she is as important in this world as every other individual.