Wednesday 25 September 2013

Bee Block Catch-Up

The roller coaster ride of computer useage continues. My computer has died for the third time. I am fed up. I can't put it more simply than that. And that, simply put, is why I had another mini blogging break. But I am starting to get some sewing done, so not all is lost.

I am behind in my bee blocks. No surprise there then! But I am working in redeeming my name. First up I did Jennie's Brit bee blocks. She provided the solids used and some guidance in the type of block she required. I hope I have met her expectation. The hardest part about these blocks was remembering they weren't identical, they were mirror image. My sewing brain doesn't work in mirror image without a few mistakes, but I got there in the end. Phew!


Next up I did Hadley's Stitch Tease blocks. She required 98 individual 2.5" squares to be cut, the majority to be low volume. Thankfully my stash seemed to be able to accommodate this. The sewing together was just a matter of nose down and do a lot of chain piecing.


As Hadley is such a good friend and I know she would appreciate it I snuck in a few Heather Ross prints.


One more set of bee blocks and another smaller project and I will be caught up on my commitments, until the first of October that is.

Susan

21 comments:

  1. Awesome blocks, you've been especially clever with Jennies there too :-) Totally sympathise with the computer issues, was in the same situation not long ago. Sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work Mrs, love your blocks, and I'm sure the recipients will do too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks, I'm almost wishing my computer would have a breakdown, so I'd find some more sewing time - only a mild breakdown though, I couldn't do without it really ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am busy pretending I have computer issues, so I can get on with sewing and life - there seems to be a lot of both going on right now!

    Love my blocks - thank you for not including a scary monkey-f***er xxx

    Jennie's loof cool too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks for Hadley are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful blocks, and I am sorry to hear about the continuing computer problems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting blocks in the top picture. Not your usual style , so I imagine they presented a few challenges! Honestly I would have been on the ground curled into a ball and sucking my own thumb trying to do those.


    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing first blocks! I appreciate the working in mirror image thing, that would have sent my head into a spin. Love Hadley's blocks too. They will make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can sympathise with your computer loss - except in my case it's my sewing machine - oh how I miss it.
    Much as I enjoy a little hand sewing it is not the same as sitting down with my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool blocks! At least you read Jennie's instructions right! Hope you get the technology sorted out soon! So frustrating!Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Computer issues suck. the bee blocks are great. I am sure they will be greatly appreciated. Love those prints that you put in for Hadley. so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. these blocks are lovely, when I started quilting first time around, back in the day, seminole for borders was the thing to do (seemed a lot of work for a border)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blocks are gorgeous Susan! Hope the computer woes improve :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how frustrating that your computer issues continue! Want me to smash it for you? ;)

    Lovely blocks! I particularly love Hadley's ones. She better watch out or I'll come and pinch them in the night. Think I need to make a quilt in that pattern as well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat idea with the mirrored blocks and I love the HR prints in the blocks for Hadley. Actually, each time I look at the blocks I spot another print I love or would love to have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Time for a new computer? I love your blocks for Hadley. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.