A few days ago Katy posted some photos on her blog of fabric she was willing to donate to anyone who would like to make a quilt for Siblings Together. I thought about it for about a nano second and waved my hand in the air frantically for the stack of purple and pink solids. She promptly posted them to me and here is what I got -
And now I need to make a quilt top. I had a look through my stash to see if I had any purples that could be used with the solids to add a touch more girlishness to the quilt. To soften it a bit. I came up with four that I thought would work with these shades of purple.
As for pattern, well I have long loved a quilt made by Leanne and borrowed from her idea on the most basic of levels.
|This is Leanne's photo.|
You can read more about this amazing quilt here.
If you are ever looking for inspiration and don't already follow Leanne's blog
then get yourself over there. She is simply awesome!
I thought if I did log cabin blocks and used a chunk of the pink solid in the middle and then had the purples working their way out that would be the best use of the fabrics I had. Each block would have two strips of one of the print fabrics as well.
I've done two blocks, with the purples working their way from darker to lighter in the opposite direction in each block.
The blocks work out to be approximately 15" square - well, once I have taken the ruler and rotary cutter to them they will be! I am planning on twelve of these blocks, then some sashing around the outer edge of the quilt and hopefully it will look good. (You cannot see my fingers crossed behind my back here!)