My face must have been a treat when I got the pouch almost finished and realised I had the zip pull on the inside of the pouch. After verbally lambasting myself, I got out the seam ripper and made it good. The verbal lambast was a good one though.
Now I have a finished pouch that is useable.
Useable is good.
I fussy cut a bunch of 1.5" squares for the strip down each side, so that they finished at 1" each. To add a bit of interest I stitched in the ditch with 12w aurifil, and added a couple more lines of stitching on the cream and purple Essex linens. Used.
It's not as quick a finish as I would have liked due to the numpty factor, but it is a finish and I can show you, and Helen can stop asking me for a birthday present for her friend. Job done!