Tuesday 31 March 2015

Not A Bit Of Sewing Was Packed!

I'm on holiday. And I will admit that I packed trashy novels for beach / poolside reading and not one iota of sewing. This holiday is all about relaxing. 

I left home and husband behind, brought the girls and flew to Toronto on Saturday. We immediately left the city with my best friend and went to her little town of Clinton close to the shores of Lake Huron. Jet lagged and full of cold, Sunday was a struggled or me. But we explored the area, had a terrific lunch out and the girls were treated to a little dusting of snow later on in the day. 

So that was enough of the cold! Monday morning we left the house early, early (best friend in tow), headed for Detroit and flew South to Tampa. Last night we were walking on Clearwater Beach happy as can be. Eating yummy seafood outside and generally feeling like life was good. 


I may have indulged in girlie drinks. 


Strawberry lemonade martini to be precise. 

And now I am (almost) germ free - I think the cocktails and sunshine did the trick. Jet lag has been conquered. And in the morning we head for Disneyworld. The girls are loving it all, maybe just as much as me. Plus the best friend is mercifully doing all the driving so I don't have to remember little things like which side of the road to drive on. 

I'm telling you, life is good. And for those looking for sewing, sorry for the distinct lack of it of late. I'm recharging my batteries and I'll be back to it with a vengeance very soon. Besides, I'm bound to purchase a little bit of fabric over here that will need playing with upon our return. 

Susan 



19 comments:

  1. Sounds perfect! Enjoy your holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the photo of your happy feet in the sand in my blogroll, then reads out you flying to Toronto, and thought "What??!!?" Then reading a little further, "okay, maybe there are nice beaches on Lake Huron? But isn't it cold?" Then reading a little further...all becomes clear. The drink looks almost as yummy as the warm sand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy re-charging! Looks like the perfect holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds perfect! Let me know if any of the reads are worth a try - assuming you get chance to actually read x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're all having a magnificent time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life is good indeed! Sounds just perfect! Enjoy this special time with all the ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eating outside and sunshine always make for a relaxing time. Enjoy the rest of your visit, recharge your batteries, as you'll need them fully charged for carrying all your purchases home x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So good to know you're having a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just you enjoy every single minute of your holiday and forget about sewing! Besides, we had snow here yesterday! So don't hurry back! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy yourself and relax as much as you can!😘

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wondered who those other legs belonged to!
    Hope you are still having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I expect you are having the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bliss sounds like your word for this day

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you're having a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.