Wednesday 28 August 2013

If Things Happen In Threes...


... Then I'm sorted now, because my three things happened by 9am this morning. So the rest of the day should be a piece of cake.

(1) I woke up with a cold making my chest feel raw and painful. While annoying, I can deal with this, because everything that was happening this summer has pretty well happened. And the school runs haven't begun. So I have a window of opportunity here to just curl up on the sofa, drink hot lemon and honey, and beat this germ into submission. If it was going to happen then it happened at the most opportune moment for me.

(2) While still in bed Helen came to inform me that it looked like a mouse was in our house last night. Oh bugger! If it touches my fabrics it will die a horrible death. Just saying. I have contacted our landlord and requested he finally fix the freaking hole in the downstairs bathroom wall that he made when doing repairs to the pipes. It's only been there for about ten months now. Enough already!

(3) I was on my computer this morning, reading blogs, and my computer died. Nooooooo! My IT man figures he probably knocked something when he cleaned it two days ago. He will have a look when he returns on the weekend.

So, just when you thought I was back I'm reliant on my iPad and photo free. On the bkright side, it gives me the rest of the week to finally start sewing again and when I can blog with photos I hope to have something to show you. This would be good. I'm ready to sew, to get my days back into routine - to blog! 

And life goes on. I'm off to find some hand sewing because today it is me, the sofa, the telly and not much else. The girls can fend for themselves. One thing for sure, they'll never starve. I've taught them well.

Susan 

30 comments:

  1. Ha! I thought you were going to say Helen found babies in the gerbil cage! Not sure which is worse.

    Please take good care of yourself and feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that I love seeing a mouse outside but don't even speak about having one inside!! Hope the hole is sorted soon. It might be looking for a winter holiday location, somewhere warmer than outdoors, maybe a stack of lovely fabric. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you feel bad! Hope you get well soon and the computer too! Catch the mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but mice are cuuuute, I walked the length of the underground platform at Gloucester Road one night after retreat ;) Seriously though think that's your lot for today. I prescribe tea and fabric browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can stuff steel wool in the hole for now it will make it harder for any friend to arrive. We battle mice from time to time on the coast and I truly dislike them with a passion. I hope you feel better soon and can employ those girls to bring you the warm and healing liquids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have your whole day sorted. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon. Looks like you've had the perfect day planned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better soon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Get that mouse outta your house. Where there's one there's probably a family. Just sayin'

    Hope you feel better soon. All the gallivanting you've been doing lately has probably worn your immunity down a little. Listen to your body!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Urgh, good luck fighting of both germs and meeces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw sorry you are poorly chick! Take care! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you perk up soon! Get the girls to look after you and enjoy the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your better soon, unless the handwork, sofa & telly are feeling pretty good right about now. You don't want to rush your recovery ;)

    X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope the day improved .. I think I caught your cold all the way over here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Feel better. I sometimes look forward to sick days. As long as I'm not too sick. Stay well and get lots if sewing finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope it's not viral...you could have caught it anywhere, lol. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Get a cat. Landlord can't argue if they haven't fixed the hole. LOL
    I say make a game of the couch, the girls can bring you stuff & you could make a fort.
    Zinc, vitamin C & Echinacea now & for 3 or4 days will alleviate the symptoms. Ask me how I know :/
    Lush x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy your spell on the sofa, it seems like you've "chosen" the best time to be poorly. May as well make the best of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you feel better soon. And I hope that the mouse doesn't cozy up in your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you are feeling better today, and looking forward to the man with a screwdriver being home tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd be more worried about your chocolate stash....mice love it, best thing to put in a mouse trap!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope you're feeling better today, sending virtual hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Feed a Cold" and "Starve a Fever" ...or the other way round... I can never remember...so have a bet both ways and eat a whiskey laden chocolate!
    Get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A cat would see of mice and gerbils - or bring more in and play with them in front of you!

    Get better and we'll see you on the other side! Hope they not only know how to look after themselves but also their very deserving mother!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you are feeling better. Yikes I hope that mouse stays away from anything precious.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you are on the mend! That's quite the morning to have. May September be kinder!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have missed seeing your regular updates!
    I'll have to teach you how to blog from Flickr on your Ipad. It's only 1 photo, and it's not the same, but at least it's something :)

    Hope your week has been kind to you and you kicked that cold to the curb super quick.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.