Monday 19 August 2013

And Then There Was Another Celebration

The fun doesn't stop here. Because today we have another birthday. My baby turned eleven.

Emily asked to be woken up early as she said it would be dreadful to wake up and lie in bed all excited waiting for everyone else to wake up so she could open presents and enjoy the day. She also insisted she had the 'birthday tree'.

The birthday tree started in July with my birthday. Helen wanted to put out my gifts the night before and I sarcastically (I know - so out of character!) replied that it wasn't like Christmas, we didn't have a birthday tree. Next thing I knew, Helen had hauled out our little mini fake tree and put my presents under it. Well, the tree came out again last night. I think we may have a new family tradition.


Helen's gift to Emily was a huge hit. We shall ignore the bit where Helen said she can now call Emily a cow and have it literally be true.

Kindly ignore the mess in the background, thank you.
Our gift to Em reduced her to tears. Well, it's good to know they don't take things for granted, and just presume they are going to get what they wish for when they wish for it.


And now Emily had an iPod Touch there might be a chance I regain ownership of my iPad. Especially as I have already downloaded Minecraft onto her Touch for her. If I get time on my iPad again I might then get my window for replying to emails back. That would be the time spent vegging on the sofa in the evening. Half watching some programme and more concentrating on emails and blog reading.

But, we are going to be out of wifi vicinity for the next week, starting tomorrow. And just after I downloaded these birthday photos this morning there was an accident with my computer and I can't plug in any cables until himself fixes it on the weekend. Soooooo...   I shall be disappearing for a short while again. I promise, normal service will resume soon. School is starting in just over two weeks. We will be back into routine.

Meanwhile, I have a birthday meal to make. Far be it for mine to ask for something simple for their birthday dinner like hot dogs. No, I have a request of prawn cocktails to start, followed by Chinese spring onion pancakes, prawn gyoza (Japanese dumplings) and sushi. Instead of a birthday cake Emily would like a lemon meringue pie. Guess I'm chained to the kitchen for the afternoon then!

We have a film to watch tonight though, and happy faces on a birthday are a very good thing.

Susan

PS: As per normal, I will still be found on Instagram during the coming week even if I can't post here. Hope you are enjoying the summer too!

35 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Helen and it looks like you will be eating well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the birthday tree!! Happy birthday Emily!
    Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls of exquisite taste that's all I will say!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid, I seriously want to adopt your lovely girls! They are such a delight to hear about . Just the sort of fun, creative girls I longed for but instead I was blessed with three wonderful boys who are now grown and gone! Happy birthday to Helen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww how cute that she loved her present so much that she cried ... and what an excellent cowprint onesie! You can only really pull that off when you're 11 so go for it! Thanks for sharing these happy pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Emily....great cow onesie.....though it may also be a ploy to keep the heating bills down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh god, your Emily has such brilliant foody tastes!! Holly has a cow onesie too! Same but different. And isn't she a sweetheart over her iPod - aaaaaw. Have a brilliant day, chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww happy birthday to wee squirt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab new tradition! Emily makes a great cow - in the nicest possible way! Happy birthday Em - but it was wasn't it!

    Boohoo missing your chatter but have a great time and talk to me when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww so fun! Happy Birthday Emily! My mum started losts of strange traditions in our family and I love every one, the tree is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Emily! I love your traditions, the birthday tree sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday Emily!
    I love the birthday tree idea :)
    And mmm the birthday meal sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday to Emily. She will love her new touch!! The cow onesie is hilarious - my daughter is a tiger.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a perfect birthday, can I be 11 again? (And have you as my mum?)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Miss Emily!

    Hope all the cooking went off without a hitch Susan. Sounds like a very ambitious birthday dinner...round here you're lucky to get chicken and chips from the local takeaway and a bought birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy, happy Birthday and hope you had a great day! I always wanted to celebrate "Christmas" in summer - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh happy birthday to Emily! Love the onesie - we have pj onesies in this house. Enjoy your cooking and family time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Emily - looking fabulous in the cow onsie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful birthday wishes to a little one too!

    I am sure that meal was gorgeous, The cow print onesie is great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Emily! Just love that onesie too:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday Emily! The birthday cake looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a Onesie! Happy B/day to your family again. ..and I want to see photos of all the food!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday, Emily! My demands for my bday dinner today was a bacon cheeseburger on a homemade pretzel roll, followed by a chocolate pb cupcake and ice cream. Lemon meringue sounds fab, too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is awesome! Happy Birthday Em!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday Em-moo-ly hope you had a fabulous day. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great result reducing Emily to happy tears! Sounds like you had the makings of a perfect birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday Emily. i hope you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday Emily!! Your bovine jammies are almost as adorable as you are, hon. Love the birthday tree :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. It looks like Em had a fab birthday. We are still waiting to celebrate with our August 19th birthday girl. She has been on holiday with her family this week. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Birthday Emily. My daughter Amelia was 10 on 17th of August. Unfortunately for her it was one of our coldest wettest days of the winter here in Australia. She really wishes she was born in summer so we could have a beach birthday! I love how Emily appreciates what she gets. Some kids, mine, don't realise how much they have compared to how I was brought up in the 80s, and compared to others in the world today.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looks like Em had a fab day, yay! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy belated wishes to Em - so not surprised by the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy belated birthday Emily! Love the gifts and you guys are so clever to have a birthday tree .. might be a fun thing to copy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.