Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Siblings Together

Seeing as how I was well ahead of the game making quilt tops for the Siblings Together charity, it goes without saying really that now I am trying to find the time to actually finish them so that I can get them to the charity before the summer holidays. Procrastinator extraordinaire here.


It turns out that I didn't have the backing fabric that I thought I did. But I did find enough grey sketch to baste one. Then I went for the fastest quilting session I have ever done.


Two hours it took to whack stippling all over this quilt top. The Bernina beeps at you when you are fmq-ing too quickly. Let's just say that it was one long continuous beep that night. But I got the job done and I have the binding on the front. Now to get it sewn down on the back over half term.

Yeah, half term. The girls are off school for the next week. Again!

Susan

9 comments:

  1. Thats some speed! Takes me about 6 months to get something basted.... 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice of thread for a super quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was speedy. I love that your machine beeps at you. My car beeps at me constantly. Sensors for everything these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was speedy. I love that your machine beeps at you. My car beeps at me constantly. Sensors for everything these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful quilt. Wish I lived in a world where I could free motion quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My car kept beeping so much today i phoned home twice and eventually went home . Turns out the car thought the bag of books on the seat needed it's seat bent on . Beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent quality articles are here. This is good site with useful info.
    Canada Merchant services

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.