Thursday 17 September 2015

Partial Seam?

In interest of people being able to walk on our sitting room floor, I had gathered up all the Stitch Tease wonky log cabin blocks and brought them into the sewing space. Today I took them all and checked sizing as some bee members chose to send larger and allow me to decide how to do the final trim. A couple of blocks needed to be made bigger. I needed to make up some blocks to fill in the 'empty spaces' in the layout.

So I did. And then I laid them all out again.


I juggled a few blocks from this layout to make sure that I limited the number of partial seams I would have to do. Then I checked it over for any over abundance of white meeting white - which I rectified by adding in a colourful strip here and there - and I was ready to go.


You might be surprised to learn that there was only one zigzag of a jog in the seams in joining this up and testing my ability to do partial seams. Despite it looking so random and hodgepodge those blocks lined up remarkably well and went together in super quick time.

And that is another quilt top done. My third Stitch Tease Bee quilt top. Amazing how time flies and how these quilts made from a group effort bring together such unique makes. A huge thank you to all my friends who contributed to making this and understanding what I was asking for so well.

Susan

11 comments:

  1. Looks great with all the differing sizes and fabrics. I t must be nice for your Stitch Tease group when they see quilts actually made from all the blocks they have made too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you have made this quilt.

    Dollandesign

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love it. I especially like those slices of colour. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fantastic - my kind of quilt. Movement, interest, wonk :) All that good stuff!!! Well done to you and the bee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told you it wouldn't take long for you to make another favorite quilt this is a beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I love all the little pops of colour and the fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, the little slices of colour really zing it,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.