Thursday 26 November 2015

One Thing Leads To Another

I talked about cutting triangles from the leftover fabric from the quilt I just made. And cut I did, in fits and starts. They were just little equilateral triangles, finishing at 2" per side.


And I played with the layout. I know I like colour. No secret there, but I am a stranger to unadulterated pattern all together. The solids I used came with the fabric line and they really work for me, giving somewhere for the eye to focus. Plus their bright berry colours really lift this for me.


So I sewed them together, and quilted them with a dark maroon thread. I must confess, I'm not very good at straight line quilting and using a thread that stands out is a bit of nightmare for me. Please don't look closely. Then again I didn't use a pin in making this so while some of the points worked rather well, others were not so fortunate. I was in a happy to be imperfect mood making this.


Today I turned it into a cushion. This whole project is not in my comfort zone at all. It's so busy. But I love it! Go figure. Now I have to decide who to give it to for Christmas. I've got enough cushions myself. For now. And I don't have enough Christmas presents sorted yet so it's a no brainer to use it.

Susan

17 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeus, Susan! I love the colour burst and I really like the triangle diamonds. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's beautiful! would look awesome in my house, just saying! Someone will be so lucky to receive it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to be on your Christmas present list because this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love colour too! great pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love it! Get outside your comfort zone more often!!Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this needs a home I promise to love it. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours, and inspired to join the solids into diamonds. Someone is definitely going to have a very colourful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. look great in anybody's house. Christmas is getting scary close.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe you've just found a new 'comfort zone'! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could give it to me? :P I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! Is it hard to sew the triangles together and keep the points nice and pretty? (probably two questions).

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I love that! Send to Canada - that would be perfect under my tree ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lov the bright, happy colours. Someone is going to be very lucky at Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this cushion . . all those wild fabrics need the solids. Beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.