Friday 22 May 2015

It's Wet...

... But it's all still good. How can it not be?!


I'm in Venice with my mother and two brothers. The rain has been falling, and is due to fall most of tomorrow too. That's not keeping us inside though. 


Besides, you can get some really cool reflections in these wet streets. 



It is also the Biennale right now, which means there are some really amazing art installations in the city. Above is my favourite. Seriously awe inspiring. 

The evenings, walking around, are up there in my favourite times too. The photo below was taken just a minute or so from where we are staying, which is off the beaten track, quiet, and brilliant. Except the church bells at 0700, and 0730, and 0800...


I've always loved Venice, and have been lucky to have visited a good number of times, independently and when I worked at sea. It's so good to be back. 


Sunday is supposed to be sunny though. This would be good, because here's what my feet look like after a day in the rain wearing my red shoes. 


Susan 







13 comments:

  1. We are going to Venice in September for 5 days. We have visited for a day before, I'm so excited to go again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink feet are worth it! So glad you're having a great time! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh venice. looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Susan, I'm so happy for you to be there with your family! Everything looks fantastic and exciting! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Venice too! Have fun there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have great memories of You, Francine and I on our one day visit there in 1988. Gondola ride, terrible pizza for lunch, a lot of walking, great dinner with the band playing in the square and relaxing at the end of the day on the steps to the train station waiting for the overnighter to Strasbourg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I am so jealous I am glad you got mental feet as payback!!!
    PS have you actually seen your husband this year, or does he have to book a faraway place to meet up with you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the rain isn't spoiling your lovely trip x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so wonderful (aside from your poor feet- which Im hoping is temporary until you give them a bit of a scrub ) I'm a bit green with envy here . Never been to Venice and it looks amazing even with the rain!

    Happy Birthday to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha - lovely toes! Are you hoping for sun so you can wear sandals to show them off? My brother did an installation at the biennale a couple of years ago, having small children meant it was impossible to wangle a trip to visit him. Looking forward to more photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the tootsies. Say hello to Venice for me, one of my favourite cities. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're having a good time...although I think you're back now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't been to Venice. Your photos are inspiring me to do something about that......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I love them all. I do my utmost to reply to comments as often as possible. If you comment and never receive a reply from me there is the possibility that you are a no-reply commenter.