A little while ago I did bee blocks for Rhonda in the Modern Stitching Bee. I haven't posted them yet. For two reasons. One - we all know I am totally crap at posting stuff. No excuses, just a fact. But much more importantly was point number two, which was I always knew that one of the blocks was not good enough.
It was the block on the right I wasn't happy with. The centre was supposed to reflect us, which Pips and a HR gnome do with me but at the time I just could not think what else to add. For some reason today how to enhance it was no longer a mystery. It needed some whimsy, so whimsy I added. In the form of flowers, grass, birds and bunting. I do hope Rhonda likes it now. (Not that she ever said she didn't like it before. That was me who didn't like it.)
Since I had my hand stitching head on, I finished another hoop for the retreat Sample Swap too. Two down. Feeling good about this.